Entry-level, full-time Customer Support Representative for a small, virtual software company. You will work from your home office (Co provided computer). Required: US citizen and pass a background check.
Well-mannered, excellent communication skills to work with all types of customers. Need to be very comfortable using common products such as MS Word, text editors, image capture programs, presentation software such as MS PowerPoint, etc. Does not require overly technical skills but proficiency with computer use and technology.
This is a full-time day job with occasional after hours support calls. This role is primarily expected to field customer calls 24/7 in conjunction with others that share this responsibility. Typically, these calls are in relation to system or component outages, minor configuration issues and “how to” situations.
Initial duties will include some or all of the following:
• Learning and working with reports and forms
• Creating software update requests for issues needing program changes
• Replicating and documenting customer problems on in-house systems to adequately define problems requiring development work
• Testing and installing new program changes
• Creating customer documents of such changes (FAQ style)
• Customer training
• Updating internal support and programming control systems as tasks complete