This senior-level role – Infrastructure/Cloud Engineer – is part of a highly talented network/engineering team which designs and builds leading edge, scalable IT Infrastructure. You will help with design, installation, configuration, security, performance, and monitoring of enterprise infrastructure – including hybrid and public cloud environments. Your areas of focus will include:
- Datacenter compute, storage, and virtualization platforms
- Application and desktop virtualization
- Microsoft infrastructure, network, telephony, and application server technologies
Other responsibilities include recommending upgrades and improvements and resolving complex systems issues and problems when necessary. As a senior Engineer you will mentor other less experienced engineers and be a highly self-motivated, collaborative team member.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field of study or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- 7+ years of experience in Systems or Network Engineering.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with the delivery of cloud-based solutions.
Proven experience with many of the following technologies:
- Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP.
- Administration and troubleshooting of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Automation platforms such as Ansible, SaltStack, Terraform, or other configuration management/orchestration platforms.
- Encryption technologies and PKI.
- Enterprise data center compute technologies such as Cisco UCS.
- Enterprise storage and Fibre Channel switching technologies.
- Generating and maintaining scripts for automation.
- Git or similar code management tools.
- Industry standard networking technologies including, but not limited to, routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP, and NAC.
- Languages and tooling such as PowerShell, YAML, Python, Bash, and JSON.
- Managing a multi-site network environment with knowledge of modern WAN technologies.
- Microsoft Azure or other cloud computing platforms. AWS experience a big plus.
- OSPF, BGP, VRFs, MPLS, QoS, SNMP, VoIP, SSL client and site-to-site VPN, and Spanning Tree.
- OSI model.
- SIP, PRI, and POTS telephony infrastructure.
- Category 5e/6 UTP and multimode and single mode fiber.
- VMware vSphere, virtual applications and desktops, and Docker containers.